Defender admits £150M star ‘will be missed’ Chelsea to offer two-plus £70M secure deal
Dan Burn believes that Newcastle’s squad would be ‘upset’ to lose Alexander Isak this summer after the striker submitted a transfer request, and amid the reports that CHELSEA are willing to offer Nicolas Jackson and Raheem Sterling plus £70 million to secure the signing of the big Swedish star
Joao Pedro and Liam Delap have both arrived this transfer window, but with the reports that Nicolas Jackson could be leaving the club this transfer window, there may be a chance for another striker to be signed and Isak is a player that Chelsea really admire.
Newcastle made it clear earlier in the transfer window Isak was not for sale this week when Liverpool stepped up their interest in the striker. The Magpies value Isak, who scored 23 Premier League goals last season, at £150m at least.
However – He missed their pre-season game against Celtic on Saturday, with Eddie Howe admitting that was partly down to speculation, as well as a thigh niggle.
But a few days ago came the news that he had been left out of the squad for Newcastle’s pre-season tour – and then that he had told the club he wanted to explore his options in the transfer window.
With a £150million price tag, there aren’t too many options – especially when you discount Saudi Arabia, but reports have claimed that CHELSEA are ready to make their move to land one of the clubs long-term targets.
Chelsea are reportedly prepared to offer Jackson and Sterling as part of the deal that would secure the signing of Isak, as the Blues are looking to get Sterlings £325k-a-week wages off the books, while Jackson will not be needed as much as he was last campaign.
And after hearing the news that Isak wants to leave, Burn has admitted that Isak will be missed: “If we lost any player it would upset our tight-knit group that’s been together two, three years now,” Burn said.
“From our point of view, we just have to control what we can control in the moment.”
He added that he hoped Isak would soon join up with the squad: “We are looking forward to getting him back when he’s fit.”
MORE BIG CHELSEA NEWS AND GOSSIP
Top Read: Agent confirms Chelsea move for quality star – Powerhouse keen on completing Blues move
Most Read: Chelsea desperate to complete deal for £325k-a-week star – bargain fee set
Top Pick: Chelsea decision made -Frenchman can complete summer move for £43M
LOVE CHELSEA? CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS AND GOSSIP
Discover more from IcFootballNews –
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


