Star set for Chelsea move – Boss confirms stars Chelsea decision -Blues submit £55m OFFER

Gusto
Gusto - GETTY IMAGES

Here is a roundup of the top Chelsea news and gossip from icfootballnews that we think you guys may have missed today.

Lyon star Malo Gusto wants to sign with Chelsea this transfer window – it has been claimed in the media.

Reece James picked up a serious injury earlier in the season that has kept him out for a while now – and also kept him out of impressing at the World Cup with England.

He may be getting better and returning to action soon – but his departure has shown Graham Potter that he needs to delve into that transfer kitty and add another right-sided defender to the squad.

And that has led to constant speculation in the media that Gusto is a player that Chelsea was very much interested in signing- and Chelsea look to soon be pulling off another new signing this window, after already signing six players this window.

They were always going to improve the squad in areas needed this month, and they are perhaps two new signings away from doing this – a new midfielder and a new right back.

They are working on both still as the days tick by and the end of the window approaches, with the midfield proving to be a bit of an issue with key targets being over priced.

But they might soon have sorted the right back target in the shape of Malo Gusto from Lyon. According to Foot Mercato, Gusto only wants to go to Chelsea and only Chelsea. A deal around €30m – €40m is imminent.

IcFootballnews View…

Chelsea have proven this January window that if they want to sign a player – they will – and that is what they will do with Gusto.

It does not matter that he may not be good enough for the Premier League – if Chelsea believe that he can make an impact on the squad – then they will make their moves to try and get a deal done.

Fernandez claim made – 

Fernandez

Fernandez -GETTY IMAGES

Benfica head coach Roger Schmidt has claimed that Chelsea will not be signing Enzo Fernandez this transfer window.

Fernandez has become the talk of the transfer window as there has constantly been rumours that Chelsea were close to agreeing a mammoth £106 million deal to bring him to Stamford Bridge.

But that never happened and now Chelsea’s ongoing midfield transfer saga must reach a conclusion soon with just seven days left of the January transfer window.

Interest could yet be reignited in Fernandez with Fabrizio Romano writing the latest on the Argentina international in his CaughtOffside column: “At the moment, what I’m told is that Benfica are still in the same position: €120m (£106m) or nothing. Let’s see if Chelsea will try again, there are no direct negotiations yet.”

Now Roger Schmidt has opened up and admitted that he does not expect to see Fernandez depart the club this month and he is happy to see out the season at the Estadio da Luz.

Speaking at a press conference today ahead of Thursday’s league match against Pacos Ferreira, Schmidt confirmed the player is not expected to leave. Asked if he was confident of Fernandez staying, Schmidt said: ‘Yes. When you see Enzo playing for Benfica you see a very happy player, in great shape.

‘He’s not thinking about anything else. I’m not expecting to lose any of our regulars, and that’s why I see very focused players and I hope this stays that way’.

IcFootballnews View…

All this speculation surrounding a man that is not worth that £106 million is crazy – it is probably a good thing that Chelsea will not sign the lad this month as it will give them time to make sure he is right for the club.

Fernandez will leave Benfica – but no club should pay £106 million that is for sure.

Chelsea make Mac Allister offer – 

There has been some reports which have claimed that Chelsea have submitted an offer for Brighton attacker Alexis Mac Allister

Mac Allister, who joined Brighton in 2019, was one of the stars of Argentina’s World Cup squad in Qatar, playing in six consecutive games after being left out of their opening defeat to Saudi Arabia.

His performances for his country has led to alot of speculation about his future and where he will end up – with the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool all reportedly interested in a possible deal for the player.

It has been claimed over the past few days that Chelsea have made their moves to get a deal done to try and sign the midfielder – But according to a report from Tuttomercatoweb, Brighton have rejected a €55 million bid for Alexis Mac Allister from Chelsea.

Brighton have already lost Leandro Trossard this January window and do not wish to lose another one of their best players – so di not intend to do a deal this January unless an offer that is too crazy to turn down arrives.

IcFootballnews View…

Mac Allister is a brilliant player – but where would he fit in at Chelsea? Where would he play?

The Blues are buying all these players and are running out of places in the squad – they currently have 32 on the books right now and need to offload a few stars surely?

Mac Allister is a brilliant midfielder that needs to make the right career choices as his next move could define how far he goes in the game.

Read More: Chelsea given green light to sign world class star Boehly willing to pay target €8 million per year

Share icfootballnews

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.