Man United offered some £60 million transfer advice, Defender says goodbye ahead of possible Man United move, 37-goal Haaland drops massive hint
Bertrand confirms Saints exit, Man United sent Marquinhos message and Haaland drops transfer hint in Manchester United roundup…
Manchester United target Erling Haaland has hinted he could remain at Borussia Dortmund beyond the summer transfer window.
The 20-year-old has become one of the most sought-after players in Europe after scoring 37 goals in 38 total appearances this season.
His performances for Dortmund has led to alot of rumours that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made him the number one transfer target for United in the summer, as he seeks to add a 30-goal forward to his attack.
Haaland’s side are currently in fourth place in the Bundesliga, holding on to the final Champions League spot by just one point over Eintracht Frankfurt with two games left. And to a blow to all the chasing clubs, he has hinted that he could stay at the club, should they get back into that Champions League spot.
“I always want to play at the highest level. The Champions League is particularly important to me,” the Norway star told Bild.
Though his star forward has been consistently linked with a move away, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke added that he isn’t expecting a summer move for Haaland.
“I have the clear expectation that Erling Haaland will still play for us next year,” Watzke said.
Haaland is a man that will be on all the clubs shopping lists in the transfer window and it would be a massive surprise to still see him at Dortmund at the start of next season.
He has a very big decision to make in the transfer window, and needs to make the right choice, as the next move could make or break him.
But all we know is that clubs will be keeping a close eye and readying that offer should Dortmund not get back into that Champions League spot.
Manchester United are all clear to offer Ryan Bertrand a contract after the defender confirmed he was leaving Southampton at the end of the season.
It is no secret that United will be looking to get some deals done in the summer transfer window in order to improve the squad enough to make a real challenge for that Premier League title, and Bertrand has been on the list for some time.
He is regarded as one of the best in the Premier League, but has been unable to agree a new contract with the Saints and after a tough choice, The 31-year-old confirmed his decision to leave Southampton in a lengthy statement on his social media pages on Wednesday.
He wrote: “After many months of hard decision making, I have decided to leave Southampton Football Club.
“This has only been decided in the last 48 hours and comments that I had not accepted an offer previously are not true.
“I want to thank all the fans for welcoming me to this football club and supporting me endlessly. All the support staff behind the scenes, I thank you.
“Also, special thanks to the Liebherr family. It is a shame I cannot experience a full crowd at St Mary’s one more time.
“As this year has shown us, football is nothing without the fans. Arriving at Southampton seven years ago, I soon realised what a family-orientated club this is. A true peoples’ club!
“I bought into the ‘Southampton Way’. A connected football club, built on solid foundations and ambition, with an attractive, attacking style of football.
“During my time here, there have been many battles and there have been many amazing moments along the way too. From finishing in the club’s highest position within the Premier League, to playing in two FA Cup semi-finals, to a Carabao Cup final, to me being voted to the Premier League Team of the Season.
“This has been a difficult decision for me, but the time has come for me to seek a new home that allows me the freedom to play and maximise my contribution to the team.
“This club is in great hands now with CEO Martin Semmens and Matt Crocker. I would like to thank them both for their efforts.
“Southampton Football Club will always have a special place in my heart and I hope the saying, ‘once a saint, always a saint’ still stands because I look forward to returning to this club one day, either behind the scenes or as a fan. Thanks again, keep marching on!”
Rio Ferdinand has told Manchester United that Paris Saint-Germain star Marquinhos is “the only place” to go.
Rio Ferdinand says Manchester United need look no further than Paris Saint-Germain’s Marquinhos if they are looking to sign a defender in the transfer window.
There is alot of rumours that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be backed in the transfer window and will look to add another defender, a midfielder and maybe a striker to his attack in order to win every possible title that they will be competing for.
Marquinhos is a player that has been linked to the Premier League on a number of occasions, and there has been some speculation in the media that he is one of the players that Solskjaer would like to Bring to Old Trafford in the summer.
And Ferdinand says there is only one player they should be looking at to upgrade their defence, identifying PSG skipper Marquinhos as one of the very best centre-backs in the world.
‘If any team is in the market for a centre-back, right now, out of the top teams, with the finances, Marquinhos is the only place I’m going,’ Ferdinand said on his Vibe with Five YouTube show.
‘Big-game player. Every big game you see that guy play he turns up.
‘Fit as you like, quick, robust, hardened, battle-hardened, understands the big-game environments. Top, top player, great attitude, leader, got it all.
‘If I’m looking for a centre-back of experience who can take me to the next level, he’s the one I’m going for.’
Marquinhos is world class and is just the kind of statement signing that would worry Pep Guardiola over at City. United certainly have a chance of signing Marquinhos, but will PSG let him leave?