Solskjaer says thank you after Manchester United officially announce Ighalo deal is agreed!
Odion Ighalo has officially signed back up with Manchester United after the Red Devils managed to get a deal done.
United were expected to do a whole load of transfer business over the January window in order to improve the side enough to get back challenging for titles, but despite all the rumours, United fans were frustrated at the club inability to get deals done.
Ighalo sealed a last-gasp Deadline Day loan move to UNITED from Chinese Super League side Shanghai Shenhua, as United needed to add another striker to the side for the second half of the season, and the former Watford striker has been putting in some very good performances for the club.
However, there were some concerns that they may not be able to keep him at the club until the January window simply because his parent club were keen to take him back to China.
However, after managing to convince the Chinese club to let Ighalo stay, United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has thanked Shanghai Shenhua for allowing the 30-year-old to remain in Manchester longer than previously agreed.
“They [Shanghai Greenland Shenhua] have been great towards us, allowing him to play for his dream club,” Solskjaer said on the club website
“It’s been a dream for him and hopefully he can finish what he started and win a trophy with us.”
Happy new month Fams😊❤️ pic.twitter.com/vfuy2CVYPR
— Odion Jude Ighalo (@ighalojude) June 1, 2020
Ighalo staying for a little while longer is a smart move from Manchester United to make as he offers the attack something different, but we still believe that the Red Devils need to dive into that transfer kitty in the summer and add a more long-term solution to the attack.
But as we said this is great news and fans will now be hoping that he is able to pick-up where he left off before the Coronavirus outbreak stopped football.