Man United to make Kounde move after offer confirmed, winger snubbed Lyon to join, Frenchman to replace Pogba next summer, Bayern open up on possible Coman to United deal, Man United to make late Brooks move
Pellestri snubbed Lyon claim, Camavinga to replace Pogba, Man United make Kounde moves, Brooks move to be made and Coman transfer claim in Manchester United roundup…
Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic says they would never have allowed Kinglsey Coman to join Manchester United in the summer.
It was no secret that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was looking to spend some money in the transfer window and try to buy the type of players it will take to get this side challenging for that Premier League title.
And there was also big speculation in the media that Jadon Sancho is the clubs number one transfer target ahead of the window, as they have been keeping an eye on his performances all season.
But we all know that Borussia Dortmund did not want to let one of their very best players leave on the cheap and demanded a massive £100 million from any club that want to nail down the services of Sancho, a fee that put off Manchester United.
And that led to speculation that United were then in talks with Bayern about a possible deal for Coman, who is easily regarded as one of the most exciting right wingers in the game right now, and a great alternative to Sancho.
However, despite all the reports that suggested talks had been opened, Bayern Munich sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic has claimed that he was never going to let Coman leave and join Manchester United
“There was nothing, and we wouldn’t have looked into it either. His goal in the Champions League final should explain enough why we are relying on him wholeheartedly,” the Allianz Arena chief told Sport Bild .
Manchester United are among five Premier League clubs reportedly considering a late move for Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks.
After an impressive season with the Cherries last season, despite their relegation from the Premier League, Brooks has been in the headlines alot over the past few weeks that United are ready to swoop in and offer him a move to Old Trafford.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer failed to get the transfer business done that he really wanted too, and is struggling to add a bit more creativity to the side, although he can still sign Brooks this week.
Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 lockdown, the summer market has been reshaped to help aid clubs, with a ten-week window opened on July 27 and ran until Monday, October 5, closing at 11pm.
However, Premier League clubs can no longer do business with teams in Europe and around the world but they can look to keep spending, This is because the top-flight and EFL have agreed on a second, domestic-only window until October 16th
The Daily Mail reports that five Premier League teams are monitoring the Wales international’s situation, as Liverpool and Tottenham are among the interested parties, while league leaders Everton and Europa League participants Leicester City are also reportedly considering an approach.
Facundo Pellistri has claimed he snubbed Lyon to join Manchester United during the summer transfer window.
The 18-year-old winger signed for the Red Devils in a £9million deal from Uruguayan club Penarol on transfer deadline day as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer looked to get some late transfer business wrapped up that will eventually improve his squad.
And now Pellistri has opened up and admitted that he had no doubts over linking up with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, even suggesting that he turned down an offer to sign with French giants Lyon to make the move to Old Trafford.
He said on the TalkSport website: ”It is incredible that just over a year ago I made my debut in first team.
“It was unimaginable and to play in the first division with Penarol and now to play for Manchester United, I would never have dreamed of it and it is something very emotional for me and my family.
“There was a lot of talk about the two transfers and luckily they tried to leave me out as much as possible so I wouldn’t go crazy.
“First came Lyon and then Manchester United and I am very happy with the opportunity.
“It’s a league that I always watch with my parents, seeing the great teams and you can’t imagine going to play there.
“Now that I have the chance to play there, I’m eager to start new adventure and see how the rhythm is and if it is as intense as they say.”
Manchester United have reportedly lined-up teenage sensation Eduardo Camavinga to replace Paul Pogba – who is keen on a move to Barcelona
The Frenchman’s Manchester United future remains unclear with just one year left to run on his current contract – although the Red Devils do have a 12-month extension clause, and that has led to alot of speculation that he could be heading to Spanish football at the end of the season.
Real Madrid have been made favourites to get a deal done for Pogba, and have been linked with a move for the Frenchman since his days with Italian giants Juventus, but it now seems that a move to Barcelona could be on the cards.
According to Mundo Deportivo, the Catalan giants have now entered the chase to sign the world cup winning midfielder and are hoping to take advantage by landing Pogba for nothing next summer when his contract runs out
The LaLiga side are struggling for cash and were unable to spend big in the transfer window this summer as a result, So the report suggests they will make a swoop for Pogba, 27, with a Bosman agreement able to be arranged as early as January.
And amid that speculation, Reports say the Red Devils have ‘put in place’ a mechanism to sign 17-year-old Camavinga as the replacement for thei headline taking midfielder, who is always linked with moves away from the club.
Spanish outlet AS report that United are putting the building blocks in place to sign the young midfielder from Rennes, especially after he turned down a renewal from the surprise Ligue 1 league leaders.
The reports suggests that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side are reportedly ‘posing a threat’ to Real Madrid, who have long had ambitions to capture Camavinga.
Manchester United certainly need a centre-back and Jules Kounde is a no-brainer – if they can do a deal.
It is no secret that Ole Gunnar failed to get the transfer business done that he wanted too over the summer transfer window, and failed to get the new defender that will come in and partner Harry Maguire at the back.
But with the January window just a few weeks away, there is now talk in the media that the Red Devils will step up their transfer business and get a few more deals done in the winter window, with Kounde now on the shopping list of the club.
The 21-year-old has been impressive since landing in Sevilla from Bordeaux last year, and his performances over the last 12 months has even led to reports suggesting that Manchester City were interested in getting a deal done.
He even admitted that it is high praise to get admiring glances from City, he was quoted on the SUN: “It’s part of my progression and I’m doing whatever it takes to make it happen.
“I was obviously happy [with City’s interest]. It would have been a good opportunity, but I’m in Seville and I’m very happy there.”
Agent Jonathan Kebe added: “Any footballer likes to talk about his game. Of course, it is a compliment that a club as important as Manchester City is interested in you.
“There was an offer, the club studied it, said ‘no’, and that’s it. There’s no more. We will never leave if Sevilla doesn’t want us to.”
Look, United missed out on signing a defender in the summer window, so if Solskjaer wants to keep his job and get United back challenging for trophies, then he needs to make sure that a classy defender is signed in january.
Is Kounde that man? he certainly has the talent.