Hudson-Odoi told to stay, Hazard-Salah message, Felix warning, Keita on way, Depay wants move in Liverpool Man United Monday

Here is the daily Liverpool and Manchester United news and gossip from icfootballnews.

England Manager Gareth Southgate has told Liverpool and Manchester United transfer target Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea and wait for his chance under Maurizio Sarri.

Hudson-Odoi is regarded as one of the finest talents in the Premier League, despite only making five appearances for Sarri in the top-flight this season, and he has been tipped to be the long-term successor to Eden Hazard, who is linked with a mega money swoop to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

However, Hudson-Odoi is not happy with the kind of game time he has been receiving at Stamford Bridge over the past twelve months and almost left the club during the January transfer window, with German giants Bayern Munich trying to conclude a £35 million transfer deal.

But Chelsea were not prepared to let the winger leave just yet and the Germans interest has wavered since the winter window, leaving both Liverpool and Manchester United to show a strong interest in trying to tempt Hudson-Odoi away in the summer in a deal that could be in excess of £50 million.

However, Southgate says he should bide his time at Stamford Bridge after handing the winger his full England debut against the Czech Republic last Friday.

‘If you look at number of appearances, he has actually been on the field quite a lot,’ said Southgate on the Sky Sports website.

‘And I know from when we were talking with the club earlier in the season how much faith Maurizio has in him. He has got some outstanding players just in front of him but he’s slowly getting more and more game time.

‘So, I think he’s maturing well. There doesn’t need to be a rush for him. We’ve seen that with Marcus Rashford and his development. He’s getting first-team football and that’s important. For us, I think his progress is good.’

Chelsea star Eden Hazard has claimed that he is not at the same level as Liverpool star Mohamed Salah, claiming the Egyptian is doing something special at Anfield.

Hazard has been the standout performer for Maurizio Sarri this season and is one of the reasons why the Blues are still in a shout of getting back into a top four spot and possibly winning the Europa league, with his 16 goals and 11 assists this season for Chelsea.

However, his great performances have once again been outshone by Liverpool’s new superstar Salah, who has been making a real name for himself in the premier League since arriving from Roma for just 34 million just over 12 months ago and is looking to finish as the Premier League’s top goal-scorer for the second season in a row.

And Hazard admits he has been impressed by Salah’s impact at Liverpool and has suggested he needs to do more to match his former teammate.

‘I like [Luka] Modric,’ he told NBC Sports when asked about the players he looks up to.

‘He’s more of a midfielder than me but, of course, I like Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

‘Mo Salah is one of my good friends and he’s doing something incredible. I try to look at this player and this player and try to reach that level.’

Reports have claimed Liverpool will cut their losses on Naby Keita this summer and ship him back to Germany after he failed to impress Jurgen Klopp.

Klopp managed to secure a deal for Keita just over 12 months ago after being impressed by the tough tackling midfielder during his spell in the Bundesliga, but since he arrived at Anfield during the summer transfer window he has failed to make the kind of impression that many had hoped.

Keita has looked short of pace and power and has so far failed to adapt to the quality of the Premier League, despite the fact Liverpool are challenging for the Premier League under Klopp, who needs all his players to help regain the title for the first time in 29-years.

And according to reports on the Sun website, Klopp will now look to offload Keita during next summer’s transfer window and try to use the funds from his sale and try to land one of his possible summer targets.

The German knows he will need to improve on certain areas of the pitch and maybe add a few ‘superstar signings’ to the side, as Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham will all be looking to spend big when the season is up.

The reports go on to say that the Reds are prepared to take a £10m hit on the midfielder, with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund both said to be interested.

Benfica have warned Manchester United they will raise the asking price for teenage sensation Joao Felix in the summer window, as the Red Devils line-up a big money move.

The 19-year-old is considered one of the most exciting prospects in European football after bursting onto the scene this season, notching up eight goals and six assists in 15 league appearances, and his performances have linked him with a mega money move to the Premier league.

United have sent scouts to watch the talented midfielder on a number of occasions this season, with speculation the Red Devils were ready to splash close to £100 million in the next window to be the club that secures his signature, as they look to add some fresh talent to the United squad.

But Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira has warned suitors that they’ll soon be outpriced in their bid to sign Felix, as his asking price will soon be raising.

‘I am happy that all of Europe is talking about Benfica’s talents,’ Vieira told Tuttosport.

‘Now it is clear that our project of betting on young players is bearing the desired results. Joao Felix the next Ronaldo? There is only one sure thing: Felix is one of the best talents produced by Portuguese footballer since Ronaldo. Juventus’ and Real Madrid’s interest in him? Ask them.

‘At this moment we are not interested in selling him and soon we will increase the release clause in his contract.

‘Joao has an incredible technique, he is fast and also very intelligent. He is a good person, he shows that he has important values that make me very proud.’

Arsenal legend Robert Pires has claimed that midfielder Memphis Depay would want a move back to Manchester United in the summer transfer window, to redeem himself.

United decided to offload Depay in 2017 after the winger failed to make the kind of impact that many expected after his big money move to Old Trafford, but the Dutchman has re-established himself in France with some eye-catching patches of form and his performances have actually linked him with a move back to the Premier League.

It is no secret that boss Unai Emery is keen to add a bit more width to his side in the summer, despite many believing that he already has a top-class attack, while United have been keeping an eye on Depay since he left the club, believing that he would eventually come good.

But Pires has admitted that Depay would love a chance to redeem himself at Old Trafford after failing so miserably first time around.

‘I think Depay wants to come back to the Premier League and he feels he has unfinished business in England,’ Pires told Bwin.

‘It didn’t work out for him at Manchester United and Depay is a very proud player.

‘He perhaps feels he wasn’t given a chance to perform and earn the right to stay longer considering he was so young and showed glimpses of undoubted potential.

‘Depay might want to return to Manchester United or he might be motivated to prove them wrong by performing for one of their rivals in the Premier League.’

More Liverpool news: Sorry Liverpool as Man United looking to sign unhappy £60 million rated Chelsea star Hudson-Odoi

Jurgen reveals plans! Klopp opens up and sends summer transfer message to Liverpool fans

More United news: £100 million Real Madrid star Varane speaks out on possible Manchester United move

Ole closes in on bargain! Agent opens door to Rabiot signing for Manchester United

Iomie

Hey guys my name is Iomie, the creator of IcFootballnews.com I love, breathe and know football inside out, having played at a semi-professional level in my younger years before I picked up an injury that ended my once promising career. So now I get to write about it and share to the whole world my thoughts on the current news, gossip and speculation that is around, and hopefully you guys like it too. IcFootballnews is by a fan, for the fans..and will be for the foreseeable future