Agent-Rakitic message, Hazard makes decision, Pochettino claim, Koulibaly boost, Rangnick opens door for Werner deal in Chelsea Tuesday news and gossip
Here is the daily roundup of Chelsea news, gossip and transfer news.
Manchester United legend Gary Neville has admitted he would be surprised to see Mauricio Sarri as Chelsea boss next season.
Chelsea ended months of speculation over the summmer by appointing the high-rated Italian boss, who caught the eye of owner Roman Abramovic with his attacking style of football and ability to get the very best out of the players he has at his disposal at Napoli.
However, despite a good start as boss of the Blues, his side has wavered in recent weeks and Sarri blasted his players following Chelsea’s defeat to Arsenal last month, claiming the team was difficult to motivate.
The Blues were then subsequently smashed 4-0 by Bournemouth, a result that shocked most of the Premier League and although they put five against Huddersfield at the weekend, they have alot of work to do before they manage to get back into a top four spot.
He told Sky Sports: ‘I don’t think Chelsea will sack him during the season but the warning signs are there which make you think it would be surprising if it went past the summer.
‘Not because I want him to leave – I think he’s doing a good job – but looking at it he probably realises the job he is in.
‘He’s had a look at the players and sees the players are not doing what he wants them to do. ‘They never probably will. The maximum any manager gets out of those Chelsea players is one year. That’s the nature of the club.
‘No manager can maintain that job for a long time. No manager has control. The manager should have control and be the voice of the football club. But there’s so much politics going on.’
RB Leipzig manager Ralf Rangnick has urged Chelsea target Timo Werner not to join Liverpool in the summer.
It is no secrte that Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of the 22-year old German star and reportedly tried his best to get a deal done in the January transfer window, in a bid to provide competition for Roberto Firmino and strengthen the Reds’ attacking options.
However, Leipzig did not want to let their prized asset leave halfway through the season and Werner decided to stay, with many in the media suggesting that he could make the move to the Premier League in the summer transfer window, with Liverpool and now Chelsea keen on a deal.
Chelsea may have signed Gonzalo Higuain in the January window, but they are looking for a more long-term signing and reportedly see the speedy German as an ideal signing.
And the Blues have been given a huge boost after Rangnick says Werner – who has 14 goals for club and country this season – should be wary of joining him at Anfield.
“Keita was an outstanding player here, but he’s still struggling in Liverpool ,” the manager told Sky Germany.
“So far, he’s not the player there that he was here. The surroundings must be right for Timo. That’s the case here.”
Barcelona midfielder and Chelsea target Ivan Rakitic is set to stay at the Camp Nou beyond this season, according the the agent of the midfielder.
Despite the fact Maurizio Sarri lost Cesc Fabregas in the transfer window, Chelsea were not been able to find an adequate replacement to come in and fill the void of the Spaniard until the end of the season.
The Blues were working on possible deals for Cagliari star Nicolo Barella and now PSG midfielder Leandro Paredes, but they were unsuccessful in trying to wrap up deals with Paredes completing his move to PSG and Barella keen to stay put until the summer.
That led to speculation that Sarri could make a move for Rakitic, but Barcelona were not willing to let the midfielder leave half-way through the season and reports suggested they would not be willing to do any business until the summer transfer window
Now, Rakitic’s representative, Arturo Canales, has gone on the record to confirm his client will remain at Barca and likely see out his contract, which runs until June 2021.
He told the TMW website: “It is an impossible scenario to see Ivan leaving Spain in the summer.”
Rakitic recently admitted he wanted to stay and fight for his Barcelona career, stating: ‘If I am here [at Barcelona], it’s to play.
‘If anything has to change, we will speak. I have a lot of confidence. I know what I can give. I know who I am.
‘I want to be here and, if I can renew, to be here for even more years. I am really happy here, everyone knows it, above all the ‘Presi’ [president]. I have nothing else to say.’
The former agent of Kalidou Koulibaly has told chasing Manchester United and Chelsea the Napoli defender could leave for less than £100 million in the summer.
Koulibaly is now considered to be one of the best defender in Europe and has been linked with a move to Stamford Bridge for the past six months, with Maurizio Sarri and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer big fans an desperate to improve the back-line of the side.
However, reports have claimed the £100 million asking price has put off alot of clubs as they do not believe he is worth that amount of money. But Kouliably’s former agent has revealed on French TV that the imposing defender could be available for a slightly lower figure – still a massive £87.5m – at the end of the season.
“PSG already have plenty of central defenders,” Bruno Satin told was quoted on the Sky Sports website
“Maybe he can play at No.10, they already play Marquinhos at No.6.
“But if Koulibaly leaves [Napoli], he will not come to PSG.
“His transfer could cost €100m (£87.5m).”
Eden Hazard has announced that he has amade a decision on his Chelsea future, amid Real Madrid interest.
Despite being the most productive and biggest player at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have not done enough to convince Hazard to sign a new contract with the club and commit his long-term future with the club.
It has been widely reported that Hazard has set his sights on a big £100 million move to the Bernabeu to help fulfil his dreams of winning the Champions League and competing for the Ballon D’or, which has been won by a player from La Liga for the last ten seasons.
But despite admitting that he has made his decision on whether or not he will stay or go, Hazazrd has failed to tell fans just what he will be doing at the end of the season.
Speaking to RMC, he said: “I know what I am going to do. I have made a decision.”
Hazard only has eighteen months on his current Chelsea contract and has constantly hinted that he will be leaving the club, having come so close during last summers transfer window.
ALSO SEE: Big move! Former Manchester United star Depay announces interest in signing for Chelsea