Solskjaer contract, £60m defender opens up Anfield move, Coutinho wants Old Trafford deal, Ferdinand wants Odoi move in Liverpool, Man United Sunday

Here is the daily roundup of Manchester United and Liverpool news, gossip and transfer talk from icfootballnews.

Arsenal and Manchester United transfer target Matthijs De Ligt has talked up a possible move to Liverpool in the coming transfer windows.

De Ligt is regarded as one of the finest young defenders in world football and is tipped to become one of the best in world football after a stunning first few seasons with the Dutch giants, who have just knocked out Real Madrid in the Champions League in sensational fashion.

Arsenal and United are in the market for a new defender during the summer transfer window as there is some doubt about the quality of the pairs back-line, with many in the media believing that they will both need to spend in the summer in order to compete for the Premier League title next season.

However, it is Liverpool who have been given a huge boost in their chase for De Ligt, after the £60 million rated defender admitted he would love to play alongside Dutch compatriot Virgil Van Dijk at club level.

‘Virgil is a player who has experience in the top leagues,’ De Ligt told Omnisport.

‘Of course you want to learn from him. It’s very useful to play next to him in the Dutch team.

‘It could happen [joining Liverpool]. He plays for Liverpool. A nice club. But I’m not focused on this. I focus on Ajax. And then I will see where I will end up.’

Liverpool were boosted earlier in the week after Ajax Sporting Director claims claimed that De Ligt will follow De Jong out the transfer door and onto a big club.

“We don’t need to sell him,” Overmars said in quotes cited by AS.

“We don’t need money, but I know he’ll go to a top club. Selling our best players? We don’t want to, but we have no choice.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is only contracted to Manchester United, confirming his Molde deal was terminated when he moved to Old Trafford.

Solskjaer made the shock move to United just before Christmas as Jose Mourinho failed to live upto expectations and starting to take the club in the wrong direction, despite the fact he had a side that finished second in the Premier League just a few months before.

However, the former striker has made a stunning start to life as boss of United and has only lost once during his reign, which has prompted many in the media to suggest that he deserves a long-term contract with the Red Devils rather than one until the end of the season.

Molde recently claimed that he had a contract with them and he was set to return when his deal with United runs out at the end of the season, but Solskjaer has now admitted that his only contract is with United.

He said on the Sky Sports website: “I am not here to get excited, I am here to do my job.

“And of course that contract issue there, you cannot have two contracts when you’re a manager, so that contract was terminated.

“I am contracted to Man United until the end of June.”

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand has urged Callum Hudson-Odoi to leave Chelsea in the coming transfer windows.

Hudson-Odoi is regarded as one of the finest talents to come through the Chelsea ranks in recent years and Chelsea have big hopes that he becomes one of the best wingers in the game, and the long-term solution to the seemingly imminent departure of Eden Hazard.

But there has been constant speculation in the media that he wants out of the club, despite the fact the Blues have offered him a massive £85,000-a-week deal to sign, amid claims the likes of United and Bayern Munich are interested in a potential summer deal.

Asked whether Hudson-Odoi should leave Chelsea, Ferdinand told the Daily Mirror: ‘If I was starting at Chelsea every week or at least getting regular minutes, I’d say, “No”. ‘Chelsea is a big club. He’s at home in London. He is a fantastic young English talent in the little snippets we have seen of him.

‘I don’t know how he doesn’t get more game time. If I was him, and I am not getting game time, and seeing Jadon Sancho and Reiss Nelson flying in Germany, other young players who are getting game time in teams who I would consider myself better than, I’d be gone.

‘I would be saying: “I am going”. I’d want to feel that I have a real chance of getting in the first team and opportunities.

‘Under Sarri, until now, I think he will be sitting there thinking: “I don’t feel part of his plans properly when I feel I am ready now”.’

Reports have claimed Liverpool and Chelsea target Philippe Coutinho would leave Barcelona in the summer for a move to Manchester United.

Barcelona signed the Brazil international from Liverpool in a £142 million deal last January, and he seemingly adjusted to life at the Nou Camp with relative ease, becoming one of the most creative players at the club.

But this season has been a different story for the talented winger, and he has struggled to make an impact on the Barcelona side, with only nine starts in eighteen La Liga games for the Brazilian, which has led to a lot of speculation that both Chelsea and Liverpool are interested in bringing him back to the Premier League.

But according to the Daily Mirror, Coutinho would prefer a move to Old Trafford if he were to make the move back to the Premier League and has already spoken to several United players about a move at the end of the season, with a fee of around £100 million circling the papers.

It is claimed Coutinho has admitted he misses the Premier League and that he favours a move to United, knowing a move to Liverpool will be very difficult considering the circumstances in which he left the club while Chelsea are facing a transfer ban.

United have been monitoring Coutinho’s situation and have already approached the midfielder’s representative to register their interest and ask about the possibility of a transfer in the summer transfer window.

More Liverpool news: £100m Koulibaly green light, Sancho move, £35m Gomez battle, Brooks signs deal, Wan-Bassika claim in Liverpool, Man United Monday

Solskjaer vs Klopp! Man United and Liverpool keen to sign up £63 million superstar James

More United football news: Legend Ferdinand opens up and welcomes possible £200m Bale, Sancho to Manchester United

Come and get me Ole? Juventus target Romero sends shock message to Manchester United boss

Iomie

Hey guys my name is Iomie, the creator of IcFootballnews.com I love, breathe and know football inside out, having played at a semi-professional level in my younger years before I picked up an injury that ended my once promising career. So now I get to write about it and share to the whole world my thoughts on the current news, gossip and speculation that is around, and hopefully you guys like it too. IcFootballnews is by a fan, for the fans..and will be for the foreseeable future

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.