Carragher, Van Dijk warning, Zaha transfer message, Odoi told to rejct contract in Liverpool and Man United Tuesday

Here is the daily roundup of Liverpool and Manchester United news and gossip from icfootballnews.

Garth Crooks has warned Liverpool about the dangers of losing Virgil Van Dijk to the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid in the summer.

After months of speculation Liverpool managed to win the race to the signature of De Ligt just over 12 months ago to make the Dutchman the worlds most expensive defender when he officially signed for the Reds, and since then he has become arguably the best centre-half in world football.

His performances and leadership at the back for Liverpool have made the Reds one of the best defensive sides in Europe, and has also made them a force to be reckoned with as they chase a Premier League and Champions League double.

And Crooks has come out and claimed that Liverpool should be worried about losing the big powerhouse in the coming windows as both Barcelona and Madrid will be casting their eyes on Van Dijk.

“Real Madrid and Barcelona must be in frantic talks with their banks about how much it might cost to buy Van Dijk,” Crooks said on the Daily Express website.

“An audacious bid is bound to happen sooner or later – if it hasn’t already.” (Read more)

Reds legend and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher has urged Liverpool transfer target Callum Hudson-Odoi to not sign a new contract at Chelsea.

Hudson-odoi is one of the most gifted talents in world football right now and has been so impressive over the past 12 months, that he has been tipped to become one of the best wingers in world football, should he get the game time to help him develop.

But his lack of game time under Maurizio Sarri this season has led to a lot of transfer speculation that he could leave the club at the end of the season, especially after reports emerged which suggested that he had rejected a massive £85,000-a-week contract.

The likes of Liverpool and Bayern Munich are interested in his services, and amid all the transfer talk surrounding his future, Carragher has urged him not to sign a new contract with Chelsea, telling the Sky Sports website: “If I was Hudson-Odoi I wouldn’t sign [a new deal]. He’s in a very strong position. I love the fact he hasn’t signed a contract, not because of the money thing or because of Bayern Munich, but because he wants to play. There’s a frustration there. I love the courage he’s shown. He’s willing to say, ‘If I don’t play, I want to go’.

“I wouldn’t be going at the end of the season if I was him. The situation Chelsea are in, I’d use the last year of my contract as leverage. I don’t mean that in a disrespectful way, he’d be saying to Chelsea, ‘Prove to me next season how important I am to you by playing me’.

“Chelsea want to give him a five-year deal because they’re terrified he’s going to leave for nothing, and as a business they’re going to leave for nothing. I have great respect for what this lad is doing at the moment.

“I don’t think he should sign, I don’t think he should leave, but I think he should see how many games he plays next season, and if he plays enough, sign a contract with your boyhood club, and if not, you move on.” (Read more)

Long-term Manchester United target Wilfried Zaha has told chasing clubs that his future is with Crystal Palace, despite all the transfer speculation surrounding his future.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expected to go big in the coming transfer window and try to acquire players that would improve his squad in key areas of the pitch, with a new right-back and winger high up on his shopping list.

Aaron Wan-Bassika is one of the most highly-rated full-backs in the Premier League and has been courted by a number of clubs in England after some impressive performances for Palace, while Zaha has successfully rebuilt his career and has become a creative force over the past few seasons after leaving United.

And the Red Devils had been alerted to possible summer deals for the pair after Roy Hodgson admitted that they will consider selling the duo if the right price is offered during the summer transfer window, with reports suggesting it would take £40 million for Wan Bassika and around £55 million for Zaha.

However, the Ivory Coast international says he is committed to Crystal Palace, telling the Sky Sports website: “My future is at Palace. I am at Palace, I am not thinking about anything [else]. I’m just playing my football and I will just see what the future holds for me.” (Read more)

More Liverpool news: Premier League message! Mane tells Liverpool ‘they must win out’ to claim title

Zidane message! Real Madrid boss opens door for Manchester United, Liverpool to seal £400,000-a-week Bale deal

More United news: Clear hijacking! Chelsea make contact to sign £80 million star despite Man United holding talks

All about Old Trafford! N’Dombele, De Ligt and Isco decision feature in Manchester United Sunday news and gossip

Love Man United, Click here to read more:

Iomie

Hey guys my name is Iomie, the creator of IcFootballnews.com I love, breathe and know football inside out, having played at a semi-professional level in my younger years before I picked up an injury that ended my once promising career. So now I get to write about it and share to the whole world my thoughts on the current news, gossip and speculation that is around, and hopefully you guys like it too. IcFootballnews is by a fan, for the fans..and will be for the foreseeable future

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.